After nearly 8 years of book blogging under a pen-name (C.B. James) over at Ready When You Are, C.B. I decided to migrate operations to WordPress and to operate under my real name. So this blog features my real name in the title.
I use this site to blog about books. I’ve been reviewing every book I read for a long time now; it’s a hard habit to break. But I may post other non-book related items here an there as well. (It’s always the non-book review posts that get the most comments, you know.)
Since this is the About Me page, a little bit about me is in order.
- I live in Vallejo, California, a smallish city in the San Francisco Bay Area most famed for its high crime rate. Those of us who live here like it for the wonderful weather, the cool post-industrial waterfront and the friendly people.
- I’m married to my husband of many years, but we were together over a decade before that.
- I’ve two dogs. They are both rescue pets. Just about everything in my house is second hand or antique if it was expensive.
- I read a wide range of books. I really do. Many people say that they are eclectic readers when they really mean that they read mostly mysteries and popular fiction and a classic once a year or so. While I do read a lot of detective fiction, I read all sorts of other books. I even read books I’ve found on the street.
- I like writing lists.
- I like reading lists.
- I am a compulsive reader. I’ve been known to read road signs out loud while riding in the car without realizing that I am reading road signs out loud. This can be very puzzling for the driver.
- I turned 52 this year.
- My little slogan, “If you read something, say something” comes from Bomb magazine.