This has been a big month for Jane Austen fans, Austen in August and all. It was month two/book two for the Jane Austen Read All A-long. I finished Pride and Prejucdice earlier this week–loved it again. I think of the six books, this is the one I will be keeping around to reread in retirement.
I could have nearly called this a Re-read All A-Long but for Northanger Abbey which I’ve never read.
My thanks to all my fellow Janeites posting reviews this month:
- Writerrea who admired the plotting this time around. “There are no stray characters, no deus ex machina–every person and plot point are there for a reason, and believably so.”
- Judith Harper at Reader in the Wilderness who has certainly done her bit to publicize the Jane Austen Read All A-Long.
- Tracy K at Bitter Tea and Mystery who enjoys seeing what life was like back in the day via people who actually wrote about it back in the day.
- Amy at New Century Reading includes a recipe from the time period for pickled salmon.
- Brona sent along a link to her archived post on reading Pride and Prejudice in times of trouble.
- Dale at Mirrors with Clouds posts his reaction to reading Pride and Prejudice for the very first time.
If I missed your review, or if you just have an old review of Pride and Prejudice somewhere in your archive, please feel free to post a link in the comments. I’ll add it to the list above.
Next month we enter the treacherous waters of Mansfield Park.